Vijay Mallya is a very popular name in India as one of the most controversial business people. He was also a former politician, ‘The King of Good Times’. Vijay Mallya is a key person of United Breweries Company which also known as UB group. He was ex-chairman of United Spirits Ltd which is India’s largest spirits company. In 2002, he was a former member of the Upper House Parliament of India. He has been chairmen of several companies including Sanofi S.A. and Buyer AG. He had been always limelight in media due to his lifestyle, high profile parties, kingfisher calendar, and beautiful girls around him. Vijay Mallya left India on 2 March 2016, to escape legal action by Indian Banks to whom he owes some ₹9000 crore in loans. Let’s know more interesting things about Vijay Mallya Age, Girlfriends, Life Style, Wife, Family, Biography, Companies, Net Worth & many more.
Vijay Mallya Wiki
Lets take some quick information through vijay mallya wiki
|Real Name:||Vijay Mallya|
|Nick Name:||The King of, 'Good Times'|
|Date of Birth:||18 Deccember 1955|
|Age:||63 Years (in 2019)|
|Birth Place:||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Height (Approx):||in centimeters: 175 cm
in meters: 1.75 m
in Feet Inches: 5' 9''
|Weight (Approx):||in kilogram: 85 kg
in pound: 187 lbs
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour:||Salt & Peeper|
|Home Town:||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Caste:||Brahmin (Konkani Hindu)|
|Wife/Spouse||Sameera Tyabjee Mallya, former air hostes,
Pinky Lalvani (Kingfisher employee)
|Favourite Sports:||Cricket, F1 Racing|
|Favourite Food:||Kane Rava, Mishti Doi, Sannas, Kori Gasi, Crabs|
|Favorite Fashion Brand:||Armani, Valentino, Manoviraj Khosla|
|Car Collection:||Ferrari 1965 California Spyder, Mercedes Benz 300 SL, Rolls Royce, Maserati Quattroporte, Porsche 550 Spyder|
|Jet Collection:||Boeing 727, Airbus A319 ACJ, Gulfstream III, Hawker HS125|
|Net Worth:||Not Known|
Also read this, India’s Young Businessmen Akash Ambani
Vijay Mallya Biography
Vijay Mallya was born on 18 December 1985 into a West Bengal, India. He did primary education and graduation in West Bengal, India. His family background was connected to various business so he joined a business at a very young age. His father Vittal Mallya was a famous business entrepreneur of his time. Vittal Mallya was a chairman and a first director of United Breweries Group (UB Group). After his father’s death, Vijay became the chairman of UB group. He also served as a chairman of various other companies for more than 20 years.
Vijay Mallya is a key person of the United Breweries Holdings Limited which headquarter is located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Businessman Vijay Mallya’s company includes various business like beverages, aviation, and investments in different sectors. Mallya markets beer under Kingfisher Brand. He also launched an Airlines called Kingfisher Airlines. He left India on 2 March 2016, to escape from legal action by Indian banks to whom he owes the amount of ₹ 9000 crore.
According to news, he was in London, United Kingdom. The Central Bureau of Investigation which is India’s premier investigative agency filed a case against him to bring back in August 2016. His lawyer argued that he is the victim of a political hunt and his medical needs & Human rights would be at risk in an Indian prison. It became a great milestone because Narendra Modi government’s become successful on Vijay Mallya’s Extradition. UK Ministers gave permission to bring him back to India and processed on him.
Vijay Mallya Girlfriend, Wife, Son & Family
Vijay Mallya was born on 18 December 1955 into a Konkani Brahmin family of Karnataka. He is a son of famous Indian Entrepreneur Vittal Mallya. His father Vittal Mallya was a chairman and a first director of United Breweries Group by profession, Moreover, His father Vittal Mallya was married thrice in life and a Vijay Mallya is a son of first wife Lalitha Mallya.
Vijay Mallya married to air hostess of Air India, Sameera Tyabjee in 1986 and couple has a son Siddharth Mallya but they got divorced within a year. In 1993, Vijay Mallya married with his childhood girlfriend Rekha who was already divorced and has a daughter Leila and son Kabir. He adopted Leila. Moreover, Vijay and Rekha have two daughters Leanna Mallya and Tanya Mallya. At present, Vijay Mallya is dating former Kingfisher Airline’s Air Hostess Pinky Lalwani.
His son Siddharth Mallya is trying his luck in the
Vijay Mallya was born on 18 December 1955 into a Konkani brahmin family of Karnataka. He was born at Kolkata, India. Vijay did his schooling from La Martiniere. He did graduation in a bachelor of commerce from the St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, West Bengal in 1976. His father was reputed business and entrepreneur of India and was a chairman of India’s largest group United Breweries Group. During his college days, Vijay started an internship at his family business. After completion of college, he started an internship at Hoechst AG in the United States.
In 1983, after his father Vittal Mallya’s death due to heart attack, Vijay Mallya became a new chairman of United Breweries Group at the age of 28. He mainly focused on alcoholic products which had made a huge profit than other business under the UB group. As a chairman, he marketed Kingfisher Beer or Kingfisher beer. During his time of chairmanship, he spun off other non-profitable and made a kingfisher as an alcohol brand in all over the world. He made his business profitable through including more than 60 companies under the United Breweries Group. It became one largest spirits company in the world.
Over the years, Vijay Mallya’s Kingfisher Beer had a 50% market share in India. It became famous in more than 52 countries and became a lead product as an Indian Beer in the international market. Over the years, he also extended his business with Berger Paints, Best, and Crompton. He also acquired The Asian Age newspaper and publisher of a film magazine and Cine Blitz, a Bollywood magazine in 2001.
United Spirits Ltd, The flagship company of UB group has achieved a milestone of selling ₹10 crore cases and became the second largest company in the world by the volume. Moreover, in 2012 Vijay Mallya gave a management control of United Spirit Company to the global spirit giant Diageo by retaining a minority stake in a business.
In February 2015, Mallya was forced to resign as a chairman ship of company. He did contracted to receive a $75 million severance payment as a part of the deal, but the Indian courts had blocked that payment.
Vijay Mallya also launched a Kingfisher Airlines when Indian domestic market was not that much powerful. He launched Kingfisher Airlines in 2005 but did not perform well. As of October 2013, they were not able to pay salaries to its employees for 15 months and had lost his airline license. He owed more than US$1 billions from banks. As a part of the Kingfisher collapse, he was accused of money laundering by Indian Banks.
In March 2016, Indian banks went to the supreme court of India to stop Vijay Mallya from going abroad without paying owed money from it. But on 2 March 2016, Vijay Mallya left India without paying owed money. In June 2016, the Indian court in Hyderabad issued a non-reliable warrant for Vijay Mallya’s arrest. Also on 18 April 2016, a special court in Mumbai also issued an
Vijay Mallya Political Career
Mallya was a former member of the Akhila Bharata Janata Dal. Then he joined Subramaniam Swamy led Janata Party in 2003. He was a working president member of Janta Dal until 2010. Vijay Mallya was elected twice to Rajya Sabha as an independent member from his home state Karnataka. Initially, he was a supporter of the Janata Dal and Indian National Congress. Then he was in support with Janata Dal and Bharatiya Janata Party.
In April 2016, Rajya Sabha ethics panel declared that Mallya should no longer be a member of the house. On 2 May 2016, Mallya resigned from his post as a Rajya Sabha MP. He had left India during this time. and his passport had been revoked.
Vijay Mallya Controversy
- In 2005, Vijay Mallya launched Kingfisher Airlines which became an instant hit in the Indian Domestic Region. Then the company started international projects which incurred huge losses which increased from ₹188 crore in 2007-2008 to ₹1600 crore in the following year. Also, the company failed to pay salaries of 15 months to its employee. As the result, the company’s debt surged to ₹5665 crore by the end of 2009.
- Vijay Mallya defrauded and taken massive loans from different banks even after his companies are in loss. IDBI is one of the banks, from where Mallya got an investment of INR 950 Crore to his company. In 2014, he was declared as a “wilful defaulter” under the Indian Law. Around 17 banks accused him of non-repayment of loans which amounted around INR 9000 Crores. In 2016, 17 banks added a joint petition at the Supreme Court of India to prevent Mallya from leaving the country
. TheEnforcement Directorate also filed a money laundering case against him in 2016 for allegedly sending abroad some amount around ₹900 crore which been laned for his airline.
- On 18 April 2017, Vijay Mallya was arrested by the UK Police Extradition unit on behalf of Indian authorities in relation to accusations of fraud. But later he was released on bail pending further consideration of a case.
- On 2 January 2018, Vijay Mallya was declared as the first fugitive economic offender. An appeal to extradite him from Britain was filed on charges of bank fraud estimated of ₹9000 crore. The final hearing on extradition was held in the UK and UK Home Secretary had ordered the extradition of Indian multimillionaire Vijay Mallya.
- On 4th February, Sajid Javid formally ordered to 63 old Indian Businessmen Vijay Mallya who owns multimillion properties in Uk and India, to be extradited.
Vijay Mallya Awards / Proud Moments
Mallya has received many awards and proud moments from India as well as overseas.
- Vijay Mallya was honored with the degree of, “Doctorate of Philosophy” in Business Administration, by the Southern California University for Professional Studies in 1997.
- He got the Legion of Honour as the highest civilian award in France.
- Moreover, Mallya was titled with, ‘Globel Leader of Tomorrow’ by the World Economic Forum with Honour.
- In 2012, Mallya admired with the “Entrepreneur of the Year” award at The Asian Awards.
Vijay Mallya Wealth
He is one of the Indian multimillionaire Business. Vijay is also known for his luxurious lifestyle and wealth. He owns many rich assets including luxurious cars, private jets, impressive collections of Yachts and Houses or Pant-houses. Let’s take look at Businessman Vijay Mallya’s wealth & rich assets.
- Mallya owns a Kingfisher villa in Goa worth of ₹75 crore.
- Vijay has a luxurious sea-facing bungalow on Nepean Sea Road, South Mumbai, India.
- He owns a house on the plush Sardar Patel Marg in New Delhi, India.
- “Le Grand Jardin” on The Sainte-Marguerite Island (About a half a mile offshore from the French Riviera town of Cannes)
- He owns Clifton Estate worth $8.4 million in Cape Town, South Africa.
- He owns Kunigal Stud Farm, Kunigal, Karnataka, India.
- Vijay possesses a penthouse worth $2.4 million in Trump Plaza, New York, USA.
- He has to his name, 99.5% stake in the 25,000-acre game reserve named ‘Maluba Game Lodge’ near Johannesburg, South Africa.
- He is the owner of ‘Country Home’ in Hertfordshire, England.
- Vijay M
allyaalso possesses Keillour Castle, Perthshire, Scotland.
Luxurious Cars & Jet collections
- Vijay Mallya owns Rolls Royce, Ferrari 1965 California Spyder. Maserati Quattroporte, Ensign MN08, Porsche 550 Spyder, Jaguar XJ 220, Chevrolet Corvette, Jaguar XJR 15 Racecar, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, and Bently.
- Moreover, He owns Boeing 727, Airbus A319, Gulfstream III, and Hawker HS125
Vijay Mallya has an impressive collection of yachts. He owns “Indian Empress”, one of the world’s largest yachts. This luxurious yacht includes a steam room, a massage facility, a cinema hall,
Vijay Mallya’s major hobby is to watch sports like Cricket, Formula One Races, and Football. Due to his love towards he owns entire teams of F1 Race, Indian Premier League Cricket and Indian Football League.
- Vijay Mallya is owner of two football clubs of Indian Football League named as “East Bengal Football Clubs” and “Mohun Bagan AC”
- He also owns a Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket team named as “Royal Challengers Bangalore” which is known for it’s short name RCB.
- Mallya is also a big fan of racing as he is a co-owner of the Formula One Race team “Sahara Force India”
Some interesting things about Businessmen Vijay Mallya
Does Vijay Mallya smokes?: Yes
Does Vijay Mallya drinks alcohol?: Yes
Vijay Mallya is highly religious person and used to go at Sabrimala pilgrimage every year. This Indian Businessman even visited at The Tirupati Balaji Temple every time when a new kingfisher aircraft commissioned. He also used to arrange a meeting or event at an auspicious time.
He is devote follower of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and the art of living foundation.
In 2004, Mallya purchased one of the world’s unique artifacts, Tipu Sultan’s sward for an appraisal of around £ 175.000 from the auction held in London because of his love for unique things. He also bought Mahatma Gandhi’s belongings with an approximate value of US$ 1.8 million, in a New York Auction.
Moreover, He is founder of Mallya Hospital in Bangalore.
In his resigning letter, he said that ‘ He was shocked that the Department of Financial Service, Ministry of Finance, and Government of India has provided factually wrong information to the Parliament Committee’. Also mentioned that he was resigning because he would not get a fair trial or justice.
Mallya has to pay dues to 13 banks including- SBI, BOB, Corporation Bank, Federal Bank Ltd. IDBI, Indian Overseas Bank, J&K Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank, PNB, State Bank of Mysore, UBI and JM Financial Asset Reconstruction Co. Pvt Ltd.
The Businessman Mallya is very fluent at the number of different languages like Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Bengali, Konkani, English and French.
Vijay Mallya loves to wear a rich Jewelry. He often has seen with a huge diamond studded bracelet embodied with initial
Indian multimillionaire Vijay Mallya often tweets on his official Twitter account named as, “TheVijayMallya“