V Kanagaraj is an IAS officer who got retired judge of Madras High Court. He became a new Election Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh in April 2020. After retirement as a Judge, he started practicing law at Supreme Court. Check out more about V Kanagaraj from the given article.
V Kanagaraj Age
IAS V Kanagaraj was born in 1946 (age 75 years old; as of 2020). He was born into a small family of South India. He spent most of his childhood and teenage in Chenani and Madras.
V Kanagaraj Wiki
Let’s read this quick information from the given table.
|Real Name:||V Kanagaraj|
|Known Name:||IAS V Kanagaraj|
|Became Known for:||1. Judge of Madras High Court|
|Profession:||IAS Officer, State Election Commissioner|
|Date of Birth:||in 1946|
|Age:||75 Years (75 years old)|
|Height (Approx):||in centimeter: 178 cm|
in meter: 1.78 m
in feet inches: 5' 10"
|Zodiac Sign:||Not Known|
|Parents:||Father: Late Shri M. Vellayan|
Mother: Name Not Known
|Wife:||Name Not Known|
|Education:||Graduate in Law|
|School:||St. Paul's High School, Chennai|
|College:||Madras Law College, India|
|Net Worth:||Not Known|
Also, read this, Safin Hasan
Biography & Career
V Kanagaraj was born and brought up into the family of Salem, Tamil Nadu, South India. He completed his schooling from The Little Flower School of Salem and St. Paul’s High School of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He spent most of his childhood and teenage with his family in different places in South India.
In 1969, V Kanagaraj attended The Loyola College of Madras, University of Madras, India. Next, He did a degree in Law from Madras Law College in 1972. After completing study in law, V Kanagaraj enrolled as a lawyer in the Madras Bar Council in January.
From then, V Kanagaraj started practicing Law as a Member of the Salem Bar Association. He did service there for more than 24 years with a successful career in every branch of law available in the district as a Trial Lawyer on Original and Appellate Jurisdictions.
In 1997, V Kanagaraj got a post as a Judge of the Madras High Court on 24th February. As a judge, he distinguished himself by giving praiseworthy judgments sitting on Single Benches, Divison Benches, and Full Benches. Due to his integrity of service, he received huge recognization from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
After retiring as High Court Judge, he chose to resume the legal practice in the Supreme Court of India and became the most designated senior advocate of the supreme court of India. In April 2020, retired IAS officer Kanagaraj appointed as the Election Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh.
Facts of V Kanagaraj
- IAS Kanagaraj has delivered many landmark observations on a subject of Vital National Importance of matters on education with socio-economic impact, social justice with special reference to women and children, weaker sections and minorities.
- IAS Kanagaraj has served as the judge at Madras High Court for more than 9 years.
- Kanagaraj had a distinction of sitting in a Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court, which is the only bench created after 57 years of independence in the country, on its inaugural day.
- He appointed as the new Election Commissioner after N. Ramesh Kumar who was appointed for the position in 2016.
- The Andhra Pradesh Government led by YSR Congress Party removed the State Election Commissioner Ramesh Kumar by promulgating an ordinance thereby amending Section 200 of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act 1994, which has reduced the tenure of the State Election Commissioner from 5 years to 3 years.