Uddhav Thackeray is a known politician from India. He is the president of the political party Shiv Sena. He is best known as the son of Bal Thackeray. In 2019, He became the 19th Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Check out more about CM Uddhav Thackeray from the given article.
Uddhav Thackeray Wiki
|Real Name:||Uddhav Bal Thackeray|
|Known Name:||Uddhav Thackeray|
|Famous for:||1. Son of Bal Thackeray|
2. President of Shiv Sena
3. 19th Chief Minister of Maharashtra
|Political Party:||Shiv Sena|
|Date of Birth/DOB/Birthday:||27 July 1960 (Wednesday)|
|Age:||59 Years Old (in 2019)|
|Birthplace:||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height (Approx):||in centimeter: 175 cm|
in meter: 1.75 m
in feet inches: 5' 9"
|Marriage Date:||13 December 1988|
|Sons:||1. Aditya Thackeray (Politician)|
2. Tejas Thackeray
|Brothers:||1. Late Bindumadhav Thackeray|
2. Jaidev Thackeray (Elder)
3. Raj Thackeray (Cousin)
|College:||Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy School of Art, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Cast:||Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP)|
|Home Town:||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies:||Social Service, Photographer, Playing Badminton|
|Favorite Politician:||Bal Thackeray|
|Car Collection:||Not Known|
|Net Worth:||Not Known|
Also, read this, Pragya Thakur
Uddhav Thackeray belongs to the family of Indian politician ‘Bal Thackeray’. He did his schooling locally and graduation from Mumbai. Uddhav is very passionate about photography since his childhood.
He started his career as a professional wildlife photographer. In addition, He started an advertising agency named “Chowrang”. It did not go success and had to be closed down after some time. He also pursued the career of a professional author.
In 2002, Uddhav Thackeray started his political career as a campaign in charge of Shiv Sena. Following year, He appointed as the working president of the Shiv Sena. He also took over as a chief editor at Marathi newspaper ‘Saamna’.
In 2013, Uddhav Thackeray elected as the Shiv Sena President. Under his leadership, Shiv Sena joined the NDA government in Maharashtra 2014. In 2019, Uddhav Thackeray became a 19th Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
Uddhav Thackeray Age, Family, Wife, Son, Caste & Religion
Uddhav Thackeray was born on 27 July 1960 (age 59 years old; as in 2019). He belongs to the family of a politician based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. His late father Bal Thackeray was a prominent politician and activist in Mumbai. He is the founder of political party Shiv Sena. His mother Meena Thackeray was a homemaker.
Uddhav Thackeray has two elder brothers Bindumadhav Thackeray and Jaidev Thackeray. His elder brother Bindumadhav Thackeray was a businessman and filmmaker. He died in the car accident on 20 April 1996. His cousin brother, Raj Thackeray is a politician and the founder of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS).
Uddhav is married to Rashmi Thackeray. The first time, Uddhav met Rashmi during his college days and fall in love with her. They dated for a while and then married on 13 December 1988. Uddhav’s wife Rashmi Thackeray is a businesswoman and member of the Shiv Sena’s women’s wing.
Uddhav Thackeray and his wife Rashmi Thackeray have two sons together Aditya Thackeray and Tejas Thackeray. Moreover, Aditya Thackeray is a politician and Tejas Thackeray is a wildlife researcher.
Education & Career
Uddhav Thackeray was born and brought up into Mumbai, Maharashtra. He belongs to the family of politician Bal Thackeray. He did his schooling from the Balmohan Vidhyamandir in Mumbai. Uddhav did his graduation from the Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy School of Arts in Mumbai.
After graduation, Uddhav Thackeray has started his professional career as a wildlife photographer as he didn’t want to join politics. He also used to write books and is one of the reputed authors.
Thackeray Uddhav is very good at photography and exhibited his collections of various forts of Maharashtra at the Jahangir Art Gallery in 2004. Moreover, Uddhav Thackeray has established his own advertising firm called ‘Chowrang’. However, the company was not a success and had to be close down after a while.
As an author, Uddhav Thackeray has published two photo-books Maharashtra Desh (2010) and Pahava Vitthal (2011). In which he had captured various aspects of Maharashtra.
Uddhav has made his entry in politics from a very low level and joined the Shiv Sena as a member. At that time not many people know about him.
Thackeray has started his political career in 2002 and first time featured as a campaign incharge of Shiv Sena. At that time, He did a campaign in Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation elections and the party performed well there,
He came into limelight due to well performance of the party under his leadership. He got praised for his initial success. In 2003, Uddhav Thackeray appointed as the working president at the Shiv Sena.
During the time of 2006, Uddhav Thackeray took over as the chief editor at the party’s daily newspaper ‘Saamna‘. After the death of his father in 2012, He led the party and elected as the Shiv Sena Chief. Also under his leadership, Shiv Sena joined the NDA government in Maharashtra 2014.
In 2019, Shiv Sena contested the elections with the BJP as an ally in Maharashtra Assembly Elections. When results were announced, Uddhav demanded an equal seat sharing and power-sharing of the Chief Minister’s post.
Uddhav wanted a Shiv Sena Member to be the Chief Minister of Maharashtra for half a term of two and a half years. At that time, BJP said that nothing of the above-mentioned demand was agreed upon before the elections and they would not abide by it now.
After that, Uddhav Thackeray allied with Sharad Pawar and Sonia Gandhi to form a new government in Maharashtra. Moreover, the Shiv Sena, NCP, and INC named their new alliance the “The Mahavikas Aghadi“.
On 28 November 2019 at 6:40 PM, Uddhav has taken an oath as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra at Shivaji Park, Mumbai. He became the 19th Chief Minister of Maharashtra in 2019 after Maharashtra Assembly Election.
Facts of Uddhav
- Initially, Uddhav was not interested to join politics but his wife Rashmi persuaded him to start a career in politics.
- Just like his father Bal Thackeray, He always wants to work for the people of Maharashtra, and he has no interest in national politics.
- Till 2006, Uddhav’s cousin Raj Thackeray was a part of Shiv Sena and then broked from the Shiv Sena for the new party. He then formed own party named “Maharashtra Navnirman Sena” (MNS).
- Uddhav’s elder son, Aditya Thackeray is the president of the Yuva Sena which is a young wing of the Shiv Sena. In addition, his grandfather Bal Thackeray appointed him for the post.
- In 2012, Uddhav Thackeray admitted to the hospital Lilavati in Mumbai due to chest pain. Also, He underwent an angioplasty and all the three blockages in his arteries were successfully removed.
- On 30 November 2019, Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray led Maha Vikas Aghadi government passes floor test in assembly.
- He is very good at photography and has an amazing collection of wildlife photography. Apart from photography, his other hobby is to play badminton. Moreover, His Instagram is full of amazing photos.
- He is very active on social media platforms and Twitter. His insta is full of his wildlife photography. He regularly updates his social media handle with massages and photos.
- Uddhav has a huge number of followers on social media. His official Instagram is ‘uddhavthackeray‘ and facebook is ‘UddhavjiThackeray‘.