Sadhvi Pragya in Indian Politician and Hindu Nationalist. She is also known as Pragya Singh Thakur. Currently, She became the news headline for the controversial statements. Moreover, India’s major political party Bharatiya Janta Party has given her a Lok Sabha ticket from the Bhopal for the member of seventeenth Lok Sabha. In 2019, She has to fight against Digvijay Singh of All India Congress. Know more about Sadhvi Pragya Thakur’s wiki, age. cast, family, biography, controversies, politics and much more.
Sadhvi Pragya Wiki
Here is the given quick information about Pragya Thakur.
|Real Name:||Pragya Singh Thakur|
|Profession:||Hindu Nationalist, Indian Politician|
|Famous for:||Being Hindu Hardliner and Election Contestant of 2019 Lok Sabha Election against congress leader Digvijaya Singh|
|Date of Birth:||1971|
|Age:||48 Years (in 2019)|
|Birthplace:||Bhind, Madhaya Pradesh, India|
|Height (Approx):||in centimeter: 165 cm
in meter: 1.65 m
in feet inches: 5'5"
|Weight (Approx):||in kilograms: 70 kg
in pound: 154 lbs
|Political Party:||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Hobbies:||Reading, Biking Riding, Travelling|
|Home Town:||Bhind, Madhya Pradesh, India|
Also read this, BJP Leader Amit Shah
Sadhvi Pragya was born into middle-class Hindu family in 1971. She belongs to Kushwaha (Maurya) family of Bhind District, Madhya Pradesh. She received her primary education from her village, Lahar. Her father C.P. Thakur was the government employee as a ‘demonstrator’ in the agriculture department. Also, her father was an Ayurvedic doctor from RSS. He is also an active representative of RSS as well as Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
She received graduation in M.A. History from the college in Bhind, Madhya Pradesh. During college time, Sadhvi Pragya was considered as a good orator. Due to family background, She joined the student wing of RSS and Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP). She also associated with the Durga Vahini, the women’s wing of the Vishva Hindu Parishad.
Moreover, In 2002, she created ‘Jai Vande Mataram Jan Kalyan Samiti’. Later came in contact with Swami Awadhishan Giri. She also created a ‘National Jagaran Manch’. In 2008, She was arrested and questioned by police while a bomb exploded in Malegaon. Later she was released on bail due to health reasons.
In 2019, Bharatiya Janata Party has given him a Lok Sabha ticket from the Bhopal for the member of the seventeenth Lok Sabha election 2019. She is contesting against All India Congress Party’s Digvijay Singh.
Sadhvi Pragya was born in 1971 into a Bhind, Madhya Pradesh. Her father C.P. Thakur is Aryuvedic doctor by profession. He is also representative of RSS and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. Her mother’s name is Sara Devi. She has one brother and three sisters. Her family believes in Hinduism and holds Indian nationality.
She is not married and single by relationship status.
Sadhvi was born into a middle class family of Bhind district Madhya Pradesh. She did schooling there and then graduated and did Masters into the History. Under the influence of her father, she joined RSS and became an active member of ABVP, the student wing of RSS. She also worked into Durga Vahini, women’s wing of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP).
She is also known for her provocative speeches and being the star campaigner of BJP. Moreover, In 2019, Bharatiya Janata Party has given ticket from the Bhopal Lok Sabha Constituency against Congress representative and leader Digvijay Singh.
- Sadhvi was the main accused at the 2006 Malegaon bombings near a Mosque in which two bombs were exploded in Maharashtra state and Gujarat state. More than 6 people died and more than 100 were left injured. In that case, She was arrested and imprisoned for the 9 years. But later, she was acquitted of the charges in 2017.
- In 2007, Sadhvi Pragya was also accused in the murder case of the BJP MLA, Sunil Joshi. Sunil Joshi proposed for marriage to her and she denied. She along with seven others was held responsible for the mishappening and arrested. But later she was set free in 2007.
- In 2018, She also appeared in controversy of statements. During the speech, She referred to former Congress President ‘Sonia Gandhi’ as an ‘Italy Wali Bai’. She always remains in media for her provocative statements.
- On 19 April 2019, She stirred controversy in a press conference. She said that when she was arrested in the Malegaon Bomb case, she told 26/11 hero, Hemant Karkare to leave her: As Hemant had no evidence against her so he refused. She then cursed Hemant Karkare that he would be destroyed and notably, He died just two months later in the Mumbai Terrorist Attack.
Some interesting facts about Sadhvi Pragya Thakur
- As per her mother, Pragya has no interest to watch films and never watched single movie. She also dislikes listening to film music.
- After deciding to remain unmarried, She became close to saints. She made her hermitage in Surat, Gujarat, India and traveled the whole country from there.
- When she was arrested in the Malegaon Bomb Blast incident, Sadhvi Pragya hit out and then Union Minister, P. Chidambaram and said,
“I am victim of Chidambaram’s ‘Saffron terrorism’ bogey“
- Her major hobbies are traveling, reading and motorbiking.
- During the 2019 election campaign, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Pragya Thakur’s candidature is a symbol that will prove costly for Congress.
- She has also given some interviews on national televisions. One an interview of Sadhvi Pragya with a famous TV anchor, Rajat Sharma is given in his famous TV show ‘Aap Ki Adalat’