Rehana Fathima is a BSNL Technician and social activist based in Kerala. She came into the news headline after the Sabrimala temple issue. She became known for breaking stereotypes and traditions for societies. Read more about her from the given article.
Rehana Fathima Age
Social activist Rehana Fathima was born on Friday, 30th May 1986 (age 34 years; as of 2020). She belongs to the well-educated family of Ernakulam, Kerala, India.
Rehana Fathima Wiki
Let’s read this quick info from table.
|Rehana Fatima Bio-data|
|Real Name||Rehana Fathima Pyarijaan Sulaiman.|
|Known Name||Rehana Fatima|
|Birth-date||30th May 1986 (Friday)|
|Age||Thirty Two years old (32)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Listening to Music|
|Famous For||1. Rehana's home destroyed by protesters Sabrimala Issue|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Political Interest||Not Known|
|Height(Approx)||In feet: 5' 6" |
In centimetre: 165 cm
In meter: 1.65 m
|Weight(Approx)||In kilogram: 55 Kg|
In grams: 121 Lbs
|Family Background, Education|
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Born Place||Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
|School||Local School of Kerala|
|College||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Boyfriend, Husband, Marriage|
|Boyfriend||Manoj K Sreedharan (Film Producer)|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Favorite Things & Assets|
|Favorite Food||South Indian Food|
|Favorite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Social Media Accounts|
Also, read this, Pragya Thakur
Rehana Fathima is a known social activist, social media personality, and model from Kerala, India. She was born and raised by the well-settled family of Ernakulam, Kerala, India. She did schooling locally and received a degree of B.com and MCA from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Institute of Open School). After that, Rehana started working as a telecom technician at BSNL India. Along with the job, she has also worked as a model and featured in the film Eka.
Furthermore. she is a renowned social activist based in Kerala who fights for the social barriers, the voice of equality and freedom.
Family, Caste & Religion
Rehana Fathima was born into the small family of Ernakulam, Kerala, India. Her full name is Rehana Fathima Pyarijaan Sulaiman. Moreover, not much known about her parents or other family members.
Rehana belongs to the Muslim orthodox family. However, she got in controversy after posting posts on social media which Hurst sentiments of different religions. She also inked a tattoo of lord shiva on her back and posted a photo on Instagram.
Relationship, Husband & Children
Rehana Fathima is in a relationship with Manoj K Sreedharan for a long time. Her husband Manoj Sreedharan is a film producer and social activist.
Also, the couple has two children together, one daughter and one son.
Activism & Headlines
- In 2014, Rehana Fatema became a part of the Kiss of Love Agitation against Kerala Government’s moral policing. She along with her partner Manoj Sreedharan actively participated and shared a video of Kiss on his official Facebook handle.
- From childhood, she has raised her voice for the dogmatic rituals and tenets of different religions. She became the first woman to paint her body like a tiger to participate in the traditional Oman tiger dance ‘Ayyanthol Puli Kali.’ According to rituals, the dance Ayyanthol Puli Kali was only used to perform by male companies before.
- In 2017, Rehana Fatema featured in the film Eka: A Journey Between Three States which mainly focused on the art of intersexual.
- Next in 2018, She took part in the “Bare the Chest” campaign and shared a photo with watermelons on her breasts. The whole “Bare the Chest” campaign was organized to protest against derogatory remarks made by a professor in Kozhikode about how women should dress.
Sabrimala Temple Issue
- She became a news headline after the Supreme Court of India released its verdict in the entry to Sabrimala Temple in South. According to the verdict, women of all ages allowed to enter the Sabrimala Temple. At that time, Fathima along with Hyderabad journalist Kavitha Jakkal marched towards Sabrimala temple user the heavy police protection. However, their attempt to enter the shrine was made unsuccessful by mob protestors.
- Due to her attempt to enter the Ayyappa temple in Sabarimala, she had to face some serious backlash and her house vandalized by a mob protestors.
- The same year Kerala Muslim Jamaat Council ordered her to leave the Muslim community. She also got suspended by the BSNL and was arrested by the police for hurting religious sentiments through social media posts.
In February 2019, Fatema got punished for the jail in connection with the check fraud case and got a fine of 2.1 Lakh.
On 24th June 2020, Rehana Fathima shared a video of two minor kids are painting on her half nude body on social medial Facebook. As the result, a non-bailable case filed against her under the Information Technology Act and Juvenile Justice Act.
Facts of Rehana Fathima
Does Rehana smoke?: No
Does Rehana drinks alcohol?: Not Known
Social activist Rehana’s major hobbies are reading, writing, and listening to music in free time.
She runs a you tube channel of her own name and also monetizes it. Rehana posts amazing videos including different non-veg dishes, body care and health care.
In June 2020, She posted a video titled “Body and Politics.” Furthermore, Kerala High Commission stated that the case should be filed against Rehana under multiple sections of POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) act.
Rehana can speak multiple languages such as Hindi, English, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
She has given public speeches at many places across Kerala.
In her Instagram bio, she written “Break The Rules.”
Rehana Fathima is a very popular personality on social media as well as the internet. She is active on different social media like Facebook and Instagram.
She regularly posts messages as well as her photos on Instagram. Also, her official Instagram is “rehanafathimaas.”