Nirav Modi is well known Indian Businessman and founder of India’s largest diamond jewelry company Firestar Diamond International and brand Nirav Modi. Currently, Nirav Modi is the most controversial name in Indian media. He is also known as Nirav Deepak Modi. Modi is being investigated in a $2 billion fraud case of Punjab National Bank (PNB). He also being sued in the State of California for US$ 4.2 million for defrauding Los Angeles entrepreneur, Paulo Alfonso. Checkout Nirav Modi Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Nirav Modi Wiki
Lets take a quick look from the given table of Nirav Modi wiki
|Real Name:||Nirav Deepak Modi|
|Known Name:||Nirav Modi|
|Profession:||Businessmen (Jewellery Designer)|
|Date of Birth:||27 February 1971|
|Age:||48 Years (in 2019)|
|Birth Place:||Palanpur, Gujarat, India|
|Height (Approx):||in centimeters: 168 cm|
in meters: 1.68 m
in Feet Inches: 5' 6''
|Weight (Approx):||in kilogram: 65 kg|
in pound: 143 lbs
|Home Town:||Palanpur, Banaskantha, Gujarat, India|
Daughters: Apasha and Anaya
|Favorite Actress:||Priyanka Chopra, Kate Winslet, Dakota Johnson, Jacqueline Fernandez, Sonam Kapoor, Amy Adams|
|Favourite Colours:||Black, White, Blue, Pink|
|Favorite Watches:||Swatch Tresor Magique, IWC Novecento, Vacheron Constantin Malten Tourbillon, Rolex Platinum|
|Car Collection:||Rolls Royce Ghost, Mercedes Benz GL Class, Porsche Panamera, High Honda Cars, Toyota Fortuners, Bently|
Also read this, Vijay Malya
Nirav Modi was born into a Gujarati family of Palanpur, Banaskantha, India. He belongs to jain family. He was raised into the Antwerp, Belgium, Europe. Nirav currently resides in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Since childhood, He has a very great interest in designing. His
When Nirav Modi turned to 19, he and his father Deepak Modi moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India for the work in his uncle’s business. His uncle Mehul Choksi is also a popular businessman and head of Gitanjali Group, a retail jewellery company with more-than 4000+ stores in India.
After shifted to India, He established diamond sourcing and treading company Firestar which formerly known as a Firestone. In 2010, Nirav Modi established a diamond store of his own name in New Delhi’s Defense Colony.
In 2018, the Indian Government’s CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) launched an investigation on Nirav Modi due to a complaint of fraud from the Punjab National Bank. Moreover, In 2018, he left India and found safe haven in Hong Kong. In March 2019, He was seen in the street of the UK and found that he was leaving in an apartment costing £8 million. Indian authorities requested for the extradition to the UK government.
On 20th March, 2019 Modi was arrested in UK after a warrant was issued against him.
Nirav Modi Wife, Family, Children, Religion & Cast
Nirav Modi was born on 27 February 1971 into Palanpur, Banaskantha, India. He belongs to the Jain family who connected to diamond related business from several generations. His father Deepak Modi also connected to the diamond-related business. Nirav’s grandfather’s name is Keshavlal Modi. Nirav Modi was raised in Antwerp, Belgium, Europe. His brother Neeshal Modi is also a well-known Businessman and married to Mukesh Ambani’s niece, Isheta Salgaonkar.
Nirav Modi was born into a Gujarati Jain family of Palanpur, Banaskantha, India. He raised up into Antwerp, Belgium, Europe. He did his schooling and then got admission in the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania but eventually dropped out. Nirav moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra for the work in the business of his uncle Mehul Choksi, the head of Gitanjali Group.
After moving to India, He started his own company titled ‘Firestar’ for the diamond sourcing and trading in 1999. His company formerly known as a “Firestone”. His company Fire Star is the exclusive distributor of Rio Tinto’s Argyle pink diamonds in India.
In 2002, Nirav’s company started to manufacture and designing diamond jewelry on a contract basis. He got inspired the designs of Taj Mahal and other structures of Indian culture. Modi acquired Frederick Goldman in 2005 and Sandberg & Sikorski and A Jaffe in the USA.
In 2010, Nirav Modi launched his own named Jewellery Brand and established his first store in New Delhi’s Defense Colony. After that, He opened his brand store across the country and world. He got fame through the “Golconda Lotus Necklace” with an old, 12 carat,
From 2011 to present
Nirav opened his stores in various parts of country. He opened store in Kala Ghoda, Mumbai. He also launched his brand globally with boutiques in New York City, Hong Kong. and more places.
It also reported that he planned to sell some part of his business to well known foreign brand and also planed to raise funds through an Initial Public Offering.
- dIn 2018, Punjab National Bank has filed a complaint against him that he and his partner have defrauded the bank of approximately ₹11,000 crore.
- After that, the Indian Government’s Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) registered a case against him and launched an investigation against Nirav Modi. Same time ED also registered the complaint against him.
- Both Modi and Mehul Choksi left the country before criminal cases were lodged against him.
- Modi’s stores initially remained open for business as usual but later all stores closed.
- On 7 March 2018, Modi’s firm Firestar Diamond INC has applied for bankruptcy protection at the Manhattan Bankruptcy Court, in order to protect his assets of US.
- Modi also responded to the bank that ‘In the anxiety to recover your dues immediately, despite my offer, your actions have destroyed my brand and the business and have now restricted your ability to recover all the dues leaving a trail of unpaid debuts’
- By the time, Nirav Modi’s property in India including
jewellery, paintings, and real estate worth about ₹523 crore have been attached by the Enforcement Directorate.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) also attached four wind power plants owned by
modilocated in Rajasthan.
- Modi’s company A JAFFE acquired through his Synergies Corporation was auctioned in May 2018 and was purchased by the Parag Diamond.
- In April 2018, He found a safe zone in Hong Kong. But later he found to be in the UK where he applied for asylum, claiming he became a victim of ‘Political Persecution’ and denying any wrongdoing.
- In March 2019, he sighted in UK street and was said that he leave in the apartment of costing £8 million.
- On 20 March 2019, Nirav Modi arrested in London after a warrant issued against him. Nirav appeared in the Westminster magistrates’ court and got jailed.
Paul Alfonso Claim against Nirav Modi
On August 2018, Los Angeles Entrepreneur, Paul Alfonso filed a US$4.2 million dollar civil lawsuit in the Superior Court of California against Nirav Modi, Firestone Diamond, and A JAFFE Inc for fraud, embezzlement and breach of Contract.
- In 2010, Nirav Modi became the 1st Indian jeweler featured on the covers of Christie’s and Sotheby’s Catalogs.
- In 2013, He featured on the Forbes List of Indian Billionaires.
- Moreover, He got his own registered patent on jewellery including Jasmin cut Diamond and Jeweller designs.
Some interesting things about businessman Nirav Modi
Does Nirav modi smokes?: Not Known
Does Nirav modi drinks alcohol?: Not Known
Nirav Modi’s wife ran the ‘Nirav Modi Scholarship for Excellence’, which supports 250 students every year.
He and her wife are very carrying about their children and attempted to raise conservatively. Moreover, they used to speak Gujarati language in their home.
He charged for the several complaints including Breach of trust, cheating,
Modi is wanted by Interpol, The Judicial Authorities of India, Los Angeles Police Department, New York Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Victim of Nirav Modi’s are Union Banks, PNB Banks, and Paul Alfonso.
So many celebrities wore his diamond jewellery like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kate Winslet, Lisa Haydon, Naomi Watts.
Moreover, Niravmodi’s brand have official Instagram account named ‘niravmodijewels‘