Chanda Kochhar is the former Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank. The lady was renowned for her corporate leadership and decision making skills. Chanda Kochhar named in top 50 most powerful business-women in the world in 2014. With her corporate work towards Indian civilization, she honored with Business world’s Most Influential Women in the year 2017. So, that was some special recognition which she achieved as a powerful business lady. Let’s have a look at her biography and ICICI Bank fraud case.
Latest News: ICICI bank sacked Chanda Kochhar for a Videocon fraud
- On 30 January 2019, ICICI dismiss Chanda Kochar for violating ICICI code of conduct. She has to make voluntary disclosures against all the allegations. But, she failed to deal with conflict of interest and its discloses.
- However, on the official dismissal, Kochhar is not happy and said that the decision is unfair. Well, that all of now. Stay tuned for a further update of Chanda Kochhar ICICI bank fraud case.
Chanda Kochhar Early Life and Biography
She was born on November 17, 1961, in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. Chanda Kochhar age is 57-years as in 2019. Currently, she lives in Mumbai, India.
Chanda did her schooling from St. Angela Sophia School in Jaipur, Rajasthan. After that, she joined Jai Hind College in Mumbai for her bachelor degree in commerce(B.Com) education.
With an interest in account, she takes further study from Institute of Cost Accountants of India in cost accountancy field.
After that, Chanda did her master study from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai. From where, she honored with gold medal in cost accountancy field.
After her education, she married to Deepak Kochhar who is Mumbai based businessman. Moreover, Chanda and Deepak are schoolmates and knew each other from school days.
Deepak Kochhar is a owner of NuPower Renewables Pvt. Ltd.
Furthermore, she has a two children. Her daughter name is Aarti Kochhar and son, Arjun Kochhar.
Chanda Kochhar Age, Salary, Wiki, Husband, Education, Net Worth
Well, here is the table which shows you all the short information about Kochhar. From the table, you will get Chanda Kochhar age, height, husband, ICICI Case, family, daughter, love life, and some interesting things. So, let’s have a look at the table.
|Real Name||Chanda Advani|
|After Marriage Name||Chanda Kochhar|
|Birth Date||17 November 1961|
|Age||57 Year(As in 2019)|
|Current Position||Ex-MD and CEO of ICICI Bank|
|Husband Name||Deepak Kochhar(Businessman and Entrepreneur)|
|Children||Daughter: Aarti Kochhar|
Son: Arjun Kochhar
|Hobbies||Shopping, and watch movies|
|Salary||3 Crore (As in 2018)|
|School||St. Angela Sophia School, Jaipur|
|College||Jai Hind College, Mumbai(B.Com)|
|Further Study||Institute of Cost Accountants of India|
|Master Degree||Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Management and Cost Accountancy|
|1992||Wockhardt Gold Medal for Excellence in Management|
|1992||J. N. Bose Gold Medal in Cost Accountancy|
|2005||Business Woman of the Year|
|2006||Rising Star Award by Retail Banker International|
|2010||10th rank in the list of Most Powerful Women in Business|
|2011||Padma Bhushan by Pratibha Patil|
|2014||Honored with doctorate degree in Canada|
|2015||Featured in Top 100 most influential peoples in the world|
|2017||Featured in Business World Magazine|
Chanda Kochhar Career
In 1984, Kochhar joined ICICI private limited company. At that time, ICICI(Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) were worked in various fields like cement, paper, and textile.
After that, ICICI initiate to covert industrial field to corporate banking. So, the project started in 90s. At that time, Kochhar was a part of team to establish a corporate bank.
Thereafter, she appointed as a deputy general manager in 1996. With her prominent and dicision making skills, she also become the general manager in a same year.
In 1998, Kochhar promoted as a head of bank’s major client group. In which, Chanda Kochhar handle ICICI’s top 200 client.
After that in 2006, Chanda appointed as a deputy managing director of ICICI bank. From 2007 to 2009, she works as a Chief Finance Officer.
Chanda Kochhar as a MD and CEO of ICICI
In 2009, Chanda Kochhar appointed as a managing directer and chief executive officer of ICICI bank. With the next post, she also managed foreign operations of the bank.
Also, Chanda was a member of US-India joint CEO summit during 2010. After that, she also earned calls by India-Russia business forums.
In 2011, Chanda Kochhar was a chairperson-person of World Economics Forum which organized in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland.
With her prominent work in the economy and India’s financial structure, Chanda Kochhar honored with Padma Bhushan award by President of India, Pratibha Patil in 2011. However, the Padma Bhushan award is one of India’s highest civilization award.
During 2015-16 time, she was president of International Monetary Conference. Moreover, from where, she works with world’s top businessman and women includes Government officials.
In 2016, she appointed as a chair person of Indian Bank Association which includes India’s several banks includes private and public sector banking.
For the Indian Governement joint mission, she works as a member of Prime Minister’s financial infrastructure council.
In 2016, the shareholders of Videocon international groups mark allegations on Chanda Kochhar over conflict of interest.
Hence, on October 4, 2018, she was stepped down from the MD and CEO position of ICICI bank. And on 30 January, 2019, she failed to disclose the allegation over herself.
So, that was a career of Chanda Kochhar as a banker with such honored and achievements. But, the allegation against her put Chanda in a big problem.
Achievements of Chanda Kochhar
- In 1992: Chanda honored by Wockhardt Gold Medal for Excellence in Management studies.
- 1992: J. N. Bose Gold Medal in Cost Accountancy
- Kochhar honored with Retail Banker of the Year Award by the Asian Banker in the year 2004.
- Chanda was Business Women of the Year in India in 2005.
- In 2006, she won the Rising Star Award which is honored by the Retail Banker International.
- She also appeared in 30 Most Powerful Woman Leaders in business by Forbes magazine.
- In the year 2011, she appeared on the cover page of Business Today magazine. For which, she appeared as a Most Powerful Women-Hall of Fame.
- In 2011, she honored with the Padma Bhushan Award by the President of India.
- For her prominent work in financial sectors in the world economic crisis time, she honored with a doctorate degree by Carleton University, Canada. The University is also Canada’s capital university.
- Moreover, from continuously 2014 to 2017, her name listed in the Top 100 most influential peoples in the world.
- Kiara Advani Age, Wiki, Height, Boyfriend, Family, Photos
- Shakti Mohan Age, Height, Weight, Dance, Boyfriend, Family
Interesting Facts about Chanda Kochhar
- Chanda wanter to become an IPS officer in her school days. But, she inspired to become a banker from Mumbai’s Jai Hind College.
- She loves to play basketball. Although, her profession changer her life after joining ICICI bank.
- In 2009, she was appointed as an MD and CEO of ICICI bank.
- Do you know that Chanda Kochhar worked with the world’s largest financial institutions? Yes
- Chanda Kochhar also worked with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a committee member of Financing Infrastructure and trades.
- In 2017, Chanda Kochhar becomes the first Indian woman to receive the Woodrow Wilson Award for Global Corporate Citizenship.
So, that’s all about Chanda Kochhar and it’s a biography. Keep visiting this article for the latest news on ICICI bank fraud case. At the end of the article, Wiki Folder like to request you to place your opinion on Chanda Kochhar’s ICICI bank fraud case into the comment box.
You May Also Like These
Davinder Singh (DSP) Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Career, Biography & Facts
Davinder Singh is the police officer from Jammu & Kashmir. He is a J&K Deputy Superintendent Police (DSP). He came...
Renee Kujur Age, Biography, Height, Parents, Boyfriend, Birthday
Renee Kujur is an Indian fashion model and social media personality. She is a very gorgeous and hardworking person. She...
Mirna Menon Wiki, Age, Biography, Height, Family, Boyfriend, Actress
Mirna Menon is an Indian film actress and model. She was born and raised in Kochi city of Kerala to...
Aamir Ali Age, Wiki, Bio, Height, Family, Girlfriend, Wife, Actor, Net Worth
Aamir Ali Malik is a well known Indian actor and model who works in the television industry. He acted in...