Anant Kumar Hegde is an Indian politician. He is a former Union Minister of State for Skills Development and Entrepreneurship. Anantkumar is an active member of the BJP. He is known for his controversial remarks on Islam and Mahatma Gandhi. Check out more about Anant Kumar Hegde from the given article.
Anant Kumar wiki
Let’s read this quick information from the table.
|Real Name:||Anant Kumar Hegde|
|Profession:||Politician, Social Worker|
|Famous for:||1. Former Minister of State for Skill Development Entrepreneurship|
2. 6th Term Member of Parliament representing Uttara Kannda Constituency
|Political Party:||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Date of Birth/DOB/Birthday:||20 May 1968 (Monday)|
|Age:||51 Years(in 2019)|
|Birthplace:||Sirsi, Uttara Kannda, Karnataka, India|
|Marriage Date:||in 1998|
|College:||MM Arts & Science College, Sirsi|
|Home Town:||Sirsi, Uttara Kannada, Karnataka, India|
|Favorite Politician:||Narendra Modi, Amit Shah|
|Car Collection:||Not Known|
|Net Worth:||Not Known|
Also, read this, JP Nadda
Anant Kumar Hegde is a very famous politician in India. He was born and brought up into the Hindu family of South India. Anantkumar did his primary and secondary education locally from his hometown. He did his graduation from the college of Sirsi.
Anantkumar Hegde has a very active interest in politics since his young age. During college time, he was a member of RSS and also was a member of student wing ABVP. In 1996, Anant Kumar contested the Lok Sabha election from Uttara Kannada constituency.
Anantkumar elected as the Member of Parliament for the five-time from the same constituency. Also, he has served as the Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship He got the job of Union Minister under the cabinet of Narendra Modi government from 2017 to 2019.
He became a news headline multiple times due to his controversial statements. In 2017, he got caught on camera assaulting and hitting a doctor for the alleged mistreatment of his mother. In February 2020, Anantkumar again got controversy as he made comment on Mahatma Gandhi.
Anant Kumar Hegde Age, Family, Wife, Caste & Religion
Anant Kumar was born on Monday 20th May 1968 (age 51 years old; as of 2020). He was born into the small family of Sirsi, Uttar Kannada, Karnataka, India. His father’s name is Dattatreya Hegde and mother’s name is Lalita Hegde. There is not much known about his siblings or other family members.
Anant Kumar has spent most of his childhood and young age with his family in Sirsi, Karnataka. He follows Hinduism and holds Indian nationality. In addition, he is brahmin by caste.
Anant Kumar Hegde got married to Shrirupa Hegde in 1998. Both the couple, Anant Kumar and Shrirupa have two children one daughter and one son.
Education & Career
Anant Kumar Hegde hails from the Hindu family of South India. He completed his schooling from his hometown. Next, he did graduation from the MM Arts and Science College in Sirsi, Karnataka. He was very inclined towards political activities since his young age.
During his college days, Anantkumar used to be a part of political activities in college. He also joined the Indian right-wing, Hindu paramilitary volunteer organization, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) during his college time.
Later, he joined the right-wing all India student organization, Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
Anant Kumar Hegde started his political career in the early ’90s. He joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and contested the Lok Sabha Election from the Canara constituency in 1996. He received major victory over the seat against Congress.
In 1996, Anant Kumar Hegde was first elected as the Member of Parliament for the 11th Lok Sabha from Canara constituency. He served for the different committees such as Committee of Finance, Committee on External Affairs and Spice Board of India.
Anant Kumar Hegde continuously won the elections and served as the Member of Parliament for the second, third, fourth and fifth term. During the span of his post, he has served for several noted committees such as Committees on Public Resouce, Human Resources, Agriculture, and many others.
In 2014, Anant Kumar Hegde again contested the 16th Lok Sabha election and again won the election with major votes. Also, for some time of period, Anant Kumar appointed as the Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Also in 2017, Anantkumar Hegde got nominated as a member of a parliamentary standing committee for the Department of Science & Technology and Environment & Forest.
Anant Kumar Hegde became a news headline multiple times for his controversial statements.
- In 2017, Anantkumar Hegde caught on camera for assaulting a doctor for not delivering proper treatment to his mother. It became very viral and got controversy.
- In 2018. during the speech, he said that he will go ahead with his commitment to developing skills in the youth of India. He also said that it does not bother about the barking stray dogs, referring to groups protesting his earlier ‘change constitution’ remark.
- He criticized the word secular and said that the BJP government would “amend the constitution” to remove the word from the preamble.
- Anant Kumar Hegde also said that the Taj Mahal is originally a temple of Lord Shiva titled ‘Tejo Mahalaya’.
- After KPCC president Dinesh Rao questioned him over his achievements as a Union Minister, he referred to Rao as “a guy who ran behind the Muslim lady”.
- He again caught in controversy as he called congress president Rahul Gandhi, “a hybrid product that can be found only in Congress laboratory”.
- In 2019, he once again triggered a controversy by calling the former IAS officer S.Sasikanth Senthill a trailer and asking him to go to pakistan.
- In February 2020, Anant Kumar Hegde got huge controversy after he made statements on freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhi. He stated that the freedom fight led by Mahatma Gandhi was a drama. He also attacked Mahatma Gandhi by questioning how such people called ‘Mahatma’.
- Anantkumar also stated that the freedom fight movement in India was staged with the constant and support of the British.
Facts of Anantkumar Hegde
Does Anant Kumar smoke?: No
Does Anant Kumar drink alcohol?: Not Known
Anantkumar Hegde is a Hindu Nationalist and is a member of right-wing Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
He is treading organic spices over International marked through his own firm called Kadamba Intrac Private Limited.
Anant Kumar Hegde is a Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Party of Karnataka State Unit since 2016.
He is a very famous political personality on social media and the internet. He regularly updates his Twitter and Facebook handles.