Achyuta Samanta is a famous person for his social work in India. He is the founder of KIIT and KISS, which provides free education including accommodation, food, and healthcare. He has received a number of awards and honors throughout his life. Read more about Dr. Achyuta Samanta from here.
Achyuta Samanta Wiki
Let’s read this quick biodata from the table.
|Real Name:||Achyuta Samanta|
|Nick Name:||Prof. Achyuta Samanta|
|Known for:||Founder of|
1. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
2. Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences
|Profession:||Social Worker & Entrepreneur|
|Date of Birth:||20 January 1965|
|Age:||54 Years old (in 2019)|
|Birth Place:||Kalarabanka, Cuttack, Odish, India|
|Educational Qualification:||PhD in Social Science Gusi Laureate (2014)|
|Marital Status:||Not Known|
|Marriage Date:||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Political Interest:||Biju Janata Dal|
|Residence:||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Home Town:||Kalarabanka, Cuttack, Odisha, India|
|Parents:||Mother: Nilima Rani Samanta|
Father: Anadi Charan Samanta
Also, read this, Rashmi Gautam
Achyuta Samanta was born into a small family of Odisha. He did schooling and primary education from locally. He did his graduation in M.Sc in chemistry from Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
Dr. Achyuta Samanta lost his father at a very young age in a train accident. He brought up into the family of five siblings. After his father’s death, Achyuta started doing the job for financial help to the family. At the same time, Achyuta Samanta continued his studies and completed his master’s degree.
After his graduation, Achyuta Samanta started a job as a teacher in a private school. Later, he established two institute Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) and Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS). His aim is to provide free education including residence, food and health care.
Achyuta Samanta became an active member of many national and international educational bodies including UGC, AICTE, AUAP, and UMAP. Samanta received a huge appreciation for his work for society. Moreover, He has received lots of awards and honors from government and other organizations,
Achyuta Samanta Age, Family, Parents, Marriage, Caste & Religion
Achyuta Samanta was born on 20 January 1965 (age 54 years old; as in 2019). He was born into a poor family of village Kalarabanka of Odisha. His father’s name was Anadi Charan Samanta and mother’s name was Nilima Rani Samanta. He lost his father Anadi Charan Samanta in a train accident when he was just four years old. He was brought up into a family of five siblings. His youngest sister Itti Samanta is a famous writer of India.
Achyuta Samanta is very close to his family members. There is not much information about his other family members and siblings. Achyuta holds Indian nationality.
There is not much information available about Achyuta Samanta’s marriage, wife, relationship or affairs.
Achyuta Samanta hails from the poor family of Odisha. He completed his primary education from the local school. In his childhood, Samanta lost his father in a train accident. So, He stared at a job to help his family financially. Also, at the same time, he continued his studies and completed secondary education.
Achyuta did a master’s degree in M.Sc Chemistry from Utkal University, Bhubneshwar. After that, He started a job as a teacher in a private college. At the same time, He continued giving private tuition classes. He started his career at the age of 22 years.
In 1992-93, Achyuta Samanta started two institutions Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) and Kalinga Institute of Social Science (KISS). He started his journey of institutes with only a rental apartment of Rs 5000. Additionally, He took the loan from his family members and friends to run the institute.
In 1994-95, His loans went up to 2.5 million, to run the institutes continuously. His main aim is to provide education to poor people’s children and feed them properly. Moreover, Achyuta Samanta’s institute KISS was set up to provide free education from playhouse to post-graduation with fully free residential and boarding facilities to the poor children.
Career from 2000
Dr. Achyuta Samanta has worked hard to run these institutes and as a result, it became one of the most renowned institutes of India, After that, Achyuta Samanta has established a number of different institutions under the same domain Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT).
Dr. Samanta Achyuta has covered many fields of graduation including engineering, medical, management, and many others. Also, He is the founder, ex-chancellor, and secretory of the KIT University. Some of his institutes are listed here;
- KIIT International School
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS)
- KIIT School of Management (KSOM)
- Kalinga School of Rural Management (KSRM)
- KIIT School of Computer Applications (KSCA)
- KIIT School of Biotechnology (KSBT)
- Kalinga Law School (KLS)
- KIIT School of Languages (KSOL)
- Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS)
- KIIT Polytechnics
Apart from all these, Dr. Achyuta Samanta has maintained many reputed positions at national and international level education bodies. He played several roles at different national-level platforms such as
- Member of University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Executive Committee Member of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Academic Council Member of Central University of Orrisa
- Serving Member of National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- National Executive Council Member of Indian Society for Technical Education
- Executive Committee Member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)
Here is a list of Achyuta’s role at international level
- Serving Member of International Association of University President (IAUP)
- Member at Institute of International Education (IIE), New York
- Member at Aisa-Pacific Journal of Public Health (APACHP)
Dr. Achyuta Samanta has sacrificed his whole life for the social activity related education, Throughout his career, Achyuta has received a number of awards and honors at the national and international levels. Here are some of the awards are listed
- ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in the field of Social Work from the Minister of International Affairs, Government of Cambodia
- Humanitarian Award from Mahatma Gandhi Remembrance Organization, South Africa
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Award 2012
- Gusi Peace Prize International, Philippians 2014
- 24th Vishista Puruskar 2014
- Think India Award by Think media (2014)
- Successful Entrepreneur Award at Economic Times Entrepreneurship Summit 2015, New Delhi
- Highest Civilian Award of the Kingdom of Bahrain
- “Best Worker”- Top Civilian Award of Mongolia
- Received the UC Distinguished Professorship in Humanities by The University of Cambodia
- Gandhi Mandela Award 2019
Facts of Dr. Achyuta Samanta
Does Dr, Achyuta smoke?: No
Does Dr, Achyuta drinks alcohol?: Not Known
Achyuta has a huge experience of teaching as he did a job as a professor at Maharshi College under Utkal University, Bhubneshwar, He was a chemistry lab assistant there.
Achyuta Samanta is featured in the list of Top 15 Social Entrepreneurs of the World by the Americal Edge Foundation. He also listed on Limca Book of Records as the youngest chancellor of any University in India.
He is best known for his motivational speeches and has delivered his speeches in more than 100 colleges and summits,
In 2019, Dr. Achyuta Samanta featured on India’s famous family show ‘KBC season 11‘ on the special show Karamveer along with Bollywood actress Taapsee Pannu. Moreover, The famous show Kaun Banega Crorepati 11 is hosted by the legendary Amitabh Bachchan.
In 2018-19, Dr Achyuta Samanta was elected as the Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha. Later, He appointed as the Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha from Biju Janata Dal.
Famous Indian Female Athlete Dutee Chand and Sumitra Naik are students of Kalinga Institutes of Social Sciences (KISS).
He is a very famous personality on social media and the internet. Also, He regularly updates his social media handles like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.