Acharya Balkrishna is a chairman of Patanjali. According to forbs listing, He is one of the richest people of India. He has an estimated net worth of around $5 billion. Moreover, He and Baba Ramdev are very close to each other, Read more about Aacharya Balkrishna from the given article.
Acharya Balkrishna Wiki
Let’s get some quick information from the given table.
|Real Name:||Balkrishna Subedi|
|Nick Name:||Acharya Balkrishna|
|Profession:||Businessmen, Managing Director & Primary stakeholder of the Patanjali Ayurved|
|Date of Birth/Dob:||4 August 1972|
|Age:||47 Years (in 2019)|
|Birth Place:||Syangja, Gandaki Pradesh, Nepal|
|Height (Approx):||in centimeters: 173 cm
in meters: 1.73 m
in Feet Inches: 5' 8''
|Weight (Approx):||in kilogram: 75 kg
in pound: 167 lbs
|Parents:||Father: Jay Vallabh Subedi (A Security guard in an Ashram in Uttarakhand)
Mother: Sumitra Devi
|Home Town:||Haridwar, India|
|Political Inclination:||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Hobbies:||Reading, Writing, Travelling|
|Car Collection:||Range Rover|
|Net Worth (Approx):||$4.8 Billion|
Also, read this, Robert Vadra
Acharya Balkrishna was born into a small Hindu family of Nepal. Acharya did his schooling from the Haryana. Currently, Balkrishna is a very successful businessman in India. From an early age, his passion for plants has made him an herbal expert.
He studied Samkhya Yoga, Ayurveda, Sanskrit language, and Vedas deeply. In 1995, Acharya Balkrishna and Baba Ramdev have founded Divya Yoga Pharmacy in Haridwar. Next, They founded Patanjali Ayurveda in 2006. His company involved in manufacturing of FMCG, herbal, and ayurvedic products.
His company has stated 450 crores of turnover in 2012. Next, in 2015-16 turnover had risen to 5,000 crores. Baba Ramdev endorses the company products and is the face of the product. Currently, He owns 98.6 % of the company and serves as the managing director of the firm.
He received many awards and honors such as Ayurveda Expert, Manav Ratna, Bharat Gaurav, Indian of the Year, Transformational Business Leader.
Acharya Balkrishna Age, Family, Wife, Caste & Religion
Acharya Balkrishna was born on 25 July 1972 (age 47 years old: as in 2019). He was born to Smt. Sumitra Devi and Shri Jay Vallabh. He is very close to his family. His father worked as the security guard at in an Ashram in Uttarakhand. He follows Hinduism and holds Indian nationality. He is Hindu by caste.
Acharya is single as per marital status. There is not much official information available about his engagement, marriage, wife, children, affairs or any relationship.
Acharya Balkrishna was born and raised into the middle-class Hindu family. He completed his earlier education under the guidance of Late Acharya Shri Baldevji at the Gurukul at Kalwa (near Jind, Haryana).
Since his childhood, He was very passionate about plants and used to explore details about different plants. Moreover, His visionary, highly ascetic, energetic, diligent, simple, easy-going nature and a versatile personality with multidimensional skills has made him very successful.
In the early 1990s, Acharya Balkrishna met Baba Ramdev for the first time at the Tripura Yoga Ashram, Haridwar. Soon after, they got along well. In 1993, Balkrishna and Baba Ramdev went to the Himalayas near Gangotri, Uttrakhand.
There, Acharya Balkrishna had studied Ayurved and Baba Ramdev focused on Yoga. After that, Both came to Haridwar again and started to sell ‘Chyawanprash’ in the city and village area.
Acharya Balkrishna has a lot of knowledge about herbs and Ayurved since he was interested at a very young age. Also, He very scholar about Ayurveda, Sanskrit language and Vedas. So, people began to request him to tell them about Indian Ayurveda and herbs. At that time, many people used to visit him. especially for herbal medicins.
Almost, Acharya Balkrishna became the local physician at that time. In 1995, He along with Baba Ramdev established a trust titled ‘Patanjali Divya Yoga Mandir’. Moreover, they also founded the Divya Pharmacy Unit to manufacture ayurvedic medicine.
Next, In 2006, Acharya Balkrishna along with Baba Ramdev founded a consumer goods company Patanjali Ayurved Limited. During the time, It became the largest center of Ayurveda and Yoga. By the time, the company became the fastest-growing FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in 2010.
Currently, Acharya Balkrishna owns the 98% stacks in Patanjali Ayurved. In 2017, company Patanjali Ayurveda entered in the Hurun India Rich list 2017 with the notable amount of RS 25,600 crore. Moreover, Acharya Balkrishna listed at the 8th place in the list of richest people of India by Hurun India.
Acharya Balkrishna Success
- In 2004, during the yoga camp in the Rashtrapati Bhawan, Balkrishna was honored with the certificate and appreciation letters by the President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- In 2012, Acharya Balkrishna received the Sujana Shri Award by Veeranjaneya Foundation for his marvelous contribution to yoga and Ayurveda.
- In 2017, Hurun India has listed the Acharya at the 8th place in the list of richest people India.
- Forbs magazine had placed him at 19th place among the richest persons of India. Moreover, His net worth in 2017, is $ 6.5 billion.
- On 25 May 2019, Acharya Balkrishna was named among the world’s 10 influential people by the United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG). In addition, He was also conferred on the UNSDG Healthcare Award in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Honored by the Academy of Ayurvedic Doctors in India at Kolkata (2006)
- “Shri Dr. Vijay Shastri Uttarakhand Award Ratna Sammana” by Gurukul Mahavidhyalaya, Jwalapur, Haridwar
- Honored by the Canada Indian Network Society in 2010
- “Sprit and Entrepreneurship Award” by ISOL (Integrating Spirituality and Organizational Leadership) in 2011
- Honored by ‘Sanskrit Prasarini Sabha’ for his contribution in the establishment of Yoga & Ayurveda at world level.
- Honored with the “Ganga Ratna Rashtriya Puraskar” by Haridwar Nagrik Manch for his contribution in the field of Ayurveda and culture.
- Felicitation by Nepal Sanskrit Vishvavidhyalaya in 2008
- Received the title of “Vanaushadhipandit” by Agri-Horticular Society of India, Kolkata.
- Honored with ‘Sugyanshri’
- Honored with the “Manav Ratna Award” by Antrrashtriya Manav Milan Organization, New Delhi (2013).
- Felicitation as an ‘Ayurveda Expert’ at Ayurveda Summit held in Gujarat.
- Honored with the “Bharat Gaurav Award” by the India International Friendship Society, New Delhi.
- Honored with ‘Lokmanya Tilak Award 2017’ by Tilak Smarak Trust.
- “Jashn-e-Youngistan Samman for Business Icon of the Year” by late Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely.
- “Indian of the Year Business Category-2017″ by S-Vyasa
- “Geeta Ratna Samman” by Spirituality Consciousness Association
- Honored with Degree of Doctor of Letter by S-Vyasa
- “Transformational Business Leader of the Year” 2018
- “UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Health Care World”
Facts of Acharya
Does Acharya smoke?: No
Does Acharya drinks alcohol?: No
Acharya Balkrishna’s birthday celebrated as the “Jadi Booti Diwas” (Herbs Day) by his supporters.
He has more than 98% of the stacks of the company and is an MD and CEO of the company, but he does not take any salary.
During the time, Balkrishna received many prestigious awards like ‘Aayurveda Expert’, ‘Manav Ratna’, ‘Bharat Gaurav’, ‘Indian of the Year’, ‘Bheeshma Pusakar’, ‘Lokmanya Tilak’ and ‘Transformational Business Leader Award’.
Acharya has published more than 100 research articles in various National and International journals. His scripture ‘Ausadh Darshan’ has been sold more than 10 million copies.
Acharya Balkrishna has cured more than 1.5 million patients with a number of stubborn, chronic, and non-communicable diseases.
Currently, Acharya is working on the multivolume ‘World Herbal Encyclopedia’ which contains descriptions of 60,000 medicinal plants species with worlds largest collection of medical plants.
He is very popular and most followed the personality of India. He has more than 7 millions of followers on the internet.